[Openstack-operators] problem with neutron vlan network_type net-create on Havana

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Fri Nov 1 22:29:08 UTC 2013

On 11/1/13 3:57 PM, "Ronald van der Pol" <Ronald.vanderPol at rvdp.org> wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 01, 2013 at 21:17:47 +0000, Daneyon Hansen (danehans) wrote:
>
>> Something is definitely going on with the db.  It seems like maybe your
>> not talking to it.  Can you make sure the connection info in
>>neutron.conf
>> is working.  For example:
>
>Connection to th mysql db is working for user neutron.
>
>> You may want to try dropping the neutron db, restart the neutron
>>services
>> and see if the tables get re-established.
>
>I removed the two local nets and they were also gone from the db.
>I dropped and created the db again. All tables are present again.
>
>mysql> select * from ovs_network_bindings;
>Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql> select * from ovs_vlan_allocations;
>Empty set (0.00 sec)
>
>mysql>
>
># neutron net-create net300 --provider:network_type vlan
>--provider:physical_network physnet1 --provider:segmentation_id 300
>400-{u'NeutronError': {u'message': u'Invalid input for operation: Unknown
>provider:physical_network physnet1.', u'type': u'InvalidInput',
>u'detail': u''}}
>
>So, still not working.

Plugin looks correct.

>I do not think I am using ml2. This is what I have:
>core_plugin =
>neutron.plugins.openvswitch.ovs_neutron_plugin.OVSNeutronPluginV2

Do you see provider in your extension list?

neutron ext-list
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| alias                 | name                                          |
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| security-group        | security-group                                |
| dhcp_agent_scheduler  | DHCP Agent Scheduler                          |
| binding               | Port Binding                                  |
| ext-gw-mode           | Neutron L3 Configurable external gateway mode |
| external-net          | Neutron external network                      |
| quotas                | Quota management support                      |
| agent                 | agent                                         |
| l3_agent_scheduler    | L3 Agent Scheduler                            |
| provider              | Provider Network                              |
| router                | Neutron L3 Router                             |
| allowed-address-pairs | Allowed Address Pairs                         |
| extra_dhcp_opt        | Neutron Extra DHCP opts                       |
| extraroute            | Neutron Extra Route                           |
+-----------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

As long as your plugin.ini looks something like this, you should be set:

[ovs]
tenant_network_type = vlan
network_vlan_ranges = physnet1:223:225
bridge_mappings = physnet1:br-ex

[securitygroup]
firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

Note: I previously created the OVS bridges:
ovs-vsctl add-br br-int
ovs-vsctl add-br br-ex
ovs-vsctl add-port br-ex eth1