[Openstack-operators] Use external DHCP servers possible ways

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Fri May 31 13:16:06 UTC 2013

Hi Igor:

If you run nova-network in FlatManager mode, then nova won't launch dnsmasq
processes. I don't know of a way to disable dnsmasq when running with
VlanManager mode.

For quantum, you could try not running the quantum-dhcp-agent service. I'm
not sure how quantum behaves if this service isn't running.

Take care,

Lorin

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Igor Laskovy <igor.laskovy at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> What exist possible ways do NOT use embedded dnsmasq service for
> non-quantum configurations? Is it resolved somehow in quantum related
> configurations?
>
> --
> Igor Laskovy
> facebook.com/igor.laskovy