[Openstack-operators] Quantum and Grizzly Network Issues

pborghard at choopa.com pborghard at choopa.com
Fri May 17 00:34:18 UTC 2013

Hey All,

I recently switched to quantum in order to try out some different
networking scenarios including multinic.   I notice a few things, when I
try to setup a router, there are no networks available when trying to set
the router's gateway.  Is this normal?  I'm also having some trouble with
the multinic.  I can setup two networks and ping between hosts(on both
nics), however I can't seem to access the public internet.  Are there any
special settings I need to configure in order to bridge to the physical
server's public interface?  I was trying to avoid using a floating IP by
using a public IP directly on the instance, I'm not sure if this is
possible.  I was able to get this working without quantum, I'm not sure if
this feature isn't available or perhaps the config isn't correct.  Any
insight you can provide into the above issues would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter Borghard