[Openstack-operators] Perform MPI program on a cluster of OpenStack instances

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed May 15 13:21:34 UTC 2013

Reza:

You should be able to run MPI programs across OpenStack instances as long
as your setup is configured so that instances are allowed to communicate
with each other over the fixed IPs, and your security group settings allow
traffic across the ports that your MPI implementation is using.

(OpenStack doesn't provide a distributed file system, so if you need to do
MPI-IO stuff you have to add the shared file system part yourself)

Are you able to ping/ssh from one instance to another on the fixed IPs?

Lorin

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Reza Bakhshayeshi <reza.b2008 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to perform a MPI program across the instances. I've already done it
> on a traditional and virtual cluster, so I'm pretty sure about the
> healthiness of my installation.
> Unfortunately I can't perform it on a cluster of OpenStack instances.
> My MPI program is HPCC, it stops at the begging of MPIRandomAccess.
>
> I would be so grateful if anyone had a similar experience or can guess
> some possibilities and solutions.
>
> Regards,
> Reza

Lorin Hochstein