[Openstack-operators] Problem with multiple nova-consoleauth

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Sun May 12 01:46:39 UTC 2013

Hi guys, on friday i was trying to reach my vms through novnc proxy and i
ran into some kind of odd behaviour. One every two attempts were
successfull so we started watching logs. after a couple of hours stopping
and starting services we realized that this strange behaviour was due to we
had two nova-consoleauth instances running, one per compute node. We
stopped one of the instances a everything started to work just fine, even
both novncproxies.
I found this https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/989337 but it's suppossed
to be fixed in folsom, and i'm running grizzly.

Should i run just one instance of nova-consoleauth?