[Openstack-operators] Reg: upgrading Folsom to grizzly

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Fri Mar 29 15:42:50 UTC 2013

I agree with all said below.
The Ops guide is also talking about this case : should you want to
upgrade, there are a certain steps to follow (ie. which components to
upgrade *before* others).

Anyway, this is not a out-of-the-box upgrade. I strongly recommend to
deploy an Openstack testing environment (with virtualized instances it
does work, provided your hypervisor being QEMU) quite identical as your
production environment, and do the upgrade against the test env.

This is the best way for preventing quite an emergency.

-Sylvain