[Openstack-operators] Cannot create Instances

Sylvain Bauza sylvain.bauza at digimind.com
Fri Mar 29 08:42:15 UTC 2013

Indeed.
FYI, I had various issues with Windows 2003R2 over KVM (libvirtified).
The most painful one was the fact that for some reason, my Windows dlls
were corrupt and Windows was crashing after 6h or 12h running.

After a hard period, I found why : when you perform a snapshot, it's
very important to make sure the disks are synced, which is *not the
case* with the default virtio driver settings. As a result, when trying
to hot snapshot a Windows instance, the image was corrupt.

The only solution I found was to either stop the instance and do the
snapshot; or disable the writecache in Windows.

-Sylvain