[Openstack-operators] Cannot create Instances

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Fri Mar 15 01:27:28 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Steven Barnabas
<sbarnabas at frontporch.com> wrote:

[snip]

> File "/usr/lib
> /python2.7/dist-packages/glanceclient/common/http.py", line 158, in
> _http_request\n    raise exc.from_response(resp)\n',
> 'HTTPInternalServerError: HTTPInternalServerError (HTTP 500)\n']
>
> I have been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now.  I don't know what I
> am doing wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.  I can get any other info
> needed also.

It looks like glance is returning a 500 error for your image fetch
requests. I'd try the following things:

 - source a valid novarc file
 - does a "glance index" work?
 - what about a "glance image-download <uuid of image>"?

Either way, I think I need to see the glance log to debug any further.

Cheers,
Michael