[Openstack-operators] /var/lib/nova/instances fs filled up corrupting my Linux instances

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Mar 13 21:44:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Nathanael Burton
<nathanael.i.burton at gmail.com> wrote:
> If using NFS, if base_dir_name was set such that each host used a separate
> directory like base_dir_name=_base_$host, wouldn't the image cache manager
> perform the desired behavior? (albeit worst case using up to #hosts times as
> much storage in the cache).

My instinctive reaction is that you are correct.

However, nova is complicated software and I feel strongly that
operators should be testing in a lab environment before deploying.
Upgrading nova is much like changing the os version on your core
network routers or some other mission critical software. It should
always be tested in your environment before deploy.

Michael