[Openstack-operators] /var/lib/nova/instances fs filled up corrupting my Linux instances

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Wed Mar 13 17:47:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Conor Glynn <cglynn at sportingindex.com> wrote:
> by the way, yes both compute nodes were using that shared NFS storage...

Ok, I think that is likely to have caused base images to go missing.
If that's the case, you should be able to rescue the images from
snapshots if you have that enabled on your netapp device. If you don't
have snapshots or backups, then I think we could tool up a refect from
glance, although I suspect that might involve writing code (and
therefore delay).

Please do let me know how you go with recovering.

Michael