[Openstack-operators] sql access and nova-conductor

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Fri Jun 14 04:05:33 UTC 2013

I'm quite positive nova-conductor is just for Nova.

I don't believe a Quantum agent needs access to any database. According to
the Puppet Quantum module, only the server running the Quantum "plugin"
needs SQL configured (
https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-quantum/blob/master/manifests/plugins/ovs.pp).
The "agent" does not (
https://github.com/stackforge/puppet-quantum/blob/master/manifests/agents/ovs.pp).
I have gotten Quantum to work using these roles and manifests, so I'm
confident they're correct.

Quantum documentation shows a different configuration, though. I have an
open bug about this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1179046

Joe

--
Joe Topjian
Systems Architect

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.