[Openstack-operators] Configuring Multi-Host High Availability for Network

Henrique Alho henriquev16 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 14:33:05 UTC 2013

Hello everyone, I am contacting you because I'm trying to setup High
Availability for Network from this guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/existing-ha-networking-options.html-
"HA Option 1: Multi-Host" but the problem is that I can't understand
what
do I really need to do..
My OpenStack setup is the following:
1 Controller Node
1 Network Node
2 Compute Nodes

But now I want to setup my compute nodes to do themselves the network
routing for VM's, OK I have already installed the services in my compute
nodes according to the guide but when I reach the step to configure my *
/etc/network/interfaces* file I get stucked because I can't understand the
diagram that is in the guide, can't understand how am I suppose to set the
file with that br100 that has a 192.168.0.0/24 and a 10.0.0.0/8 network and
this is the point that I don't get!

If you please could help me I would be very thankful, I have already read
some guides for flat network, bridges and Existing High Availability but
the problem is that I have a week english when I need to understand big
things like the guides that I founded..

I am at a Politecnic Institute doing a stage for my course of "Installation
and Maintenance of Networks and Systems", I had good grades during the
course like 19 at programming, 18 at network lessons, but at Operating
Systems and Administrator of Systems I have 13 and 10 respectively... So...
I need to configure OpenStack according to what my coordinator asks me to
do and what he wants me to do.

Hope that you can understand what I've wrote and sorry about my english.

Thank you,
Henrique from Portugal.