[Openstack-operators] nfs over floating ip

Chad Huneycutt chad.huneycutt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 20:56:52 UTC 2013

Thanks, Abel.  Your response kind of got me looking in the right
direction.  I didn't have the security group correct, but more
importantly, the nfs server's iptables were blocking the requests.
Our default rule set would have allowed it, but this server had a
different setup.

Sorry for the noise.  All works as expected now.

Thanks,
    Chad

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Abel Lopez <alopgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume that your security group rules allow all the standard NFS ports?
> 111 tcp/udp, 2049 tcp/udp, 4045 tcp/udp
>
> On Jul 31, 2013, at 1:28 PM, Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble mounting an nfs share on a VM over its floating
>> IP.  The nfs fileserver is on the same subnet as the floating IP.  I
>> used Fuel to install the cluster, and it is configured with
>> FlatDHCPManager.  I roughly understand that the host is SNATing the
>> packets from the VM, so maybe the responses from the server are not
>> finding their way back to the VM?
>>
>> --
>> Chad M. Huneycutt

Chad M. Huneycutt