[Openstack-operators] Instance Scheduling on Hosts

Ahmad Ahmadi ahmadidamha at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 20:55:21 UTC 2013

I have two groups of hosts as compute nodes:

BigGroup: a few machines with very big RAM
SmallGroup: a lot of machines with smaller RAM each.

My goal is to assigne bigger instances (from bigger flavors) to BigGroup and smaller instances to SmallGroup.
I tried the "AggregateInstanceExtraSpecsFilter" filtering with assigning different keys to instances and making aggregated hosts (http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-compute/admin/content/host-aggregates.html), but didn't work and all the instance boots will end up to error.
Any idea?

More over does anyone know how can I assign higher cost to bigger nodes for weighting?