[Openstack-operators] Call for tools and utilities

Andrew Glen-Young andrew.glen-young at canonical.com
Thu Jan 17 22:14:57 UTC 2013

Hello,

On Thu 17-01-2013 10:55 ›, Matt Joyce wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Abel Lopez <alopgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I have been thinking writing some utilities so that I wouldn't have to go
> > into the database and toggle a '0' to a '1', or whatnot.
> > I'm sure many of you on this list have your own tricks that you employ as
> > well.
> >

> This is not really a long term solution.  That's a bandaid to cover up a
> problem that development is working on.  I am not sure how that should be
> addressed.

Creating tools to address specific problems are very important and I
would love to see further collaboration in this area.

But as Matt said, some of these tools will be papering over problems. I
strongly encourage anybody writing these tools to file a bug about the
problem and even place a comment in your script pointing to the bug.
This will help ensure the problem is fixed in the longer term.

A wiki page has been created to track tools and bugs to attempt to
address these issues.¹

[1]: http://wiki.openstack.org/Operations

--
Regards.