[Openstack-operators] How to force nova-network to create a virtual network on controller node (head node)

Miguel Angel Diaz Corchero miguelangel.diaz at ciemat.es
Fri Feb 22 10:29:45 UTC 2013

Hi.

I've installed OpenStack Folsom in VLAN mode with HA [1], the
infrastructure is based on 1 controller + compute node and N compute
nodes. When I boot the first instance of a tenant, the virtual network
is only created in the compute node where the instance is running (maybe
controller node or another node). Then, I have to attach a floating_ip
to the instance in order to access from controller node to the instance
(if the instance is not running in the controller).

I'm wondering if there is a way to pre-create the virtual network in the
controller node without running any instance on it to avoid the use of
"floating_ip". I would like to use floating_ip with public ips and I
can't spend one public IP in most of instances.

Please, any help?

Regards
Miguel.

[1]http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-vlan-networking.html