[Openstack-operators] [Grizzly] Migrating VMs to compute node with newer processor

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:08:44 UTC 2013

Hi Samuel, i hadn't thought about deleting the instance file, now you
mentioned i'll think about it. What we do is:

-Suspend the instance
-Update DB
-Resume instance

that way the downtime is even smaller than really stopping the instance (we
have the instances in a shared storage). I still don't know why this work,
but somehow (maybe "magically") the network ovs interfaces are created on
the new node, and everything just work.

We use the same "DB update" trick to resize vpcus and memory, i know it's
not the best way but i couldn't make it with nova so far.

Cheers!

--
Pavlik Salles Juan José