[Openstack-operators] Different tokens from "keystone token-get" and curl to port 35357

Nick Maslov azpekt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 14:35:23 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I was playing around with API, something is not right for me.

Tokens I got from "keystone token-get" and one I got from curl -d '{"auth":{"passwordCredentials":{"username": "nik", "password": "password"}}}' -H "Content-type: application/json" http://IP:35357/v2.0/tokens are different. First one is much bigger (3,8Kb) than one from curl (800b).

One I got from "keystone token-get" works with API calls, second one doesnt.

I believe it is something trivial I`m missing, but can someone pls point me to the issue?

Additionally - what`s the purpose of having token from curl, if it doesn`t work? :)

Cheers,
NM