[Openstack-operators] Reg: Keystone warning

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Thu Apr 25 02:53:11 UTC 2013

Hi Baktha:

You'll get that warning with newer versions of the keystone client if you
are using the admin token to authenticate against keystone. In general,
using the admin token for authentication is discouraged. Once you create a
user that has the admin role, you can then use that user to authenticate
and you shouldn't get that warning anymore.

You should have a file  (typically called novarc or openrc) that looks like
this, with the values specific to your installation:

export OS_USERNAME=admin
export OS_TENANT_NAME=demo
export OS_PASSWORD=secrete
export OS_AUTH_URL=http://192.168.206.130:5000/v2.0/
export OS_REGION_NAME=RegionOne

Take care,

Lorin

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Baktha Ashokan <baktha.sg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi There,
>
>  I'am trying to do manual installation of openstack-grizzly, where after
> installing keystone , when i issue keystone user-list i'am getting a
> warning of "WARNING: Bypassing authentication using a token & endpoint" but
> can able to view user-list , tenant-list without any problem. May i know
> why this is happening?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Baktha.

Lorin Hochstein