[Openstack-operators] Provider Network Quantum

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 00:28:07 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to disable users from
assigning a provider network (ie external network) directly to a NIC on
their instances. We currently have Quantum setup with per-tenant routers
and networks, with a provider network to provide floating IP addresses and
an external gateway to their routers.

We're specifically running into the issue on Openstack Dashboard, but it
would be nice to disable it from the API as well. We want the only way for
them to have an external address to be via "Floating IPs".

Thanks,
Jacob