[Openstack-operators] flavor management

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Tue Apr 2 21:07:17 UTC 2013

This just in! I ran some Grizzly tests this afternoon:

* Grizzly will convert the image format to raw:

2013-04-02 21:02:26    DEBUG [cinder.image.image_utils]
ae9b0198-f828-4b5d-bce0-3a089b177da0 was qcow2, converting to raw

2013-04-02 21:02:26    DEBUG [cinder.utils] Running cmd (subprocess): sudo
cinder-rootwrap /etc/cinder/rootwrap.conf qemu-img convert -O raw
/tmp/tmpj5iQbt
/dev/mapper/cinder--volumes-volume--fefed557--093d--4435--84bf--a9ea2ada3b30

* Booting from the command line does not require specifying an image
* Boting from Horizon still does (bug filed)

I'm updating the OpenStack docs now.