[Openstack-operators] Problem starting image on addtional nova compute (raise rpc_common.Timeout())

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:24:39 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Thomas Vachon <vachon at sessionm.com> wrote:

> I have seen this happen on 12.04. RabbitMQ seems to be somewhat
> unstable at times with high volume.

We had a similar problem; it turns out that RabbitMQ limits itself to
a small number ( < 1024) of file descriptors by default. Bumping that
up has made messaging rock solid for us.

In this case, I suspect that isn't it; Rabbit isn't even in play in
this setup, and there is only a pair of nodes.
 -nld