[Openstack-operators] Moving virtual machine instances to a new tenant

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:45:23 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Is it possible to move an active virtual machine instance to a new
tenant (Essex)?   When I first set things up I wasn't so "clean" about
which instance was in which tenant but now it is becoming more of an
issue.   On a related note, is it possible to change which tenant a
glance image belongs to (I see glance member-replace, but I don't dare
run it until I get confirmation it does what I expect it does)?

If I can change which tenant "owns" an image I could always snapshot,
delete old vm, change tenant on snapshot, boot snapshot as new tenant.

Thanks very much for your help!
Sam