[Openstack-operators] guest agents

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Fri Sep 21 09:55:27 UTC 2012

Right - It doesn't work with libvirt now. A guest agent would be required
to make that work.

It seems QEMU/KVM do have some initial support for guest agents[1][2] that
could be used, but this has not been implemented in nova, and I'm not sure
how stable or complete their support is.

[1]: http://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI/GuestAgent
[2]: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/VMchannel_Requirements

Thanks,
Kiall