[Openstack-operators] install packages while deploying instance

Soren Hansen sorhanse at cisco.com
Fri Sep 21 07:34:47 UTC 2012

Den 21-09-2012 07:16, haynes.davis at accenture.com skrev:
> How do we install packages (like apache) while deploying a instance in
> OpenStack. Does nova supports this? Or do we have to use Puppet, Chef
> etc. Please guide me to some docs.

It depends on the image you're using. If you're using one of the
official Ubuntu images, they already have cloud-init installed.
cloud-init can, among many other things, install packages by specifying
them in the user-data field.

I believe this is the current documentation for cloud-init:

    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CloudInit

--
Soren Hansen
Senior Software Engineer