[Openstack-operators] Network Support in Centos 6

Augustine Ike augustineike at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:42:13 UTC 2012

Hi All,
         I am trying to setup a POC of openstack for our Private Cloud. I
decided to focus on FlatManager because of the perceived flexibility. So
far that has not worked at all. It seems
that it works best in Ubuntu. I will try that and see what happens.
FlatDHCPManager has worked flawlessly but it failed a major test of mine.
In our instance we
will love the ability to use VIFS within the instance. For example, when we
instantiate a given image it comes up with eth0. We would love to configure
eth0:1, eth0:2 etc. So far this has not worked. We can ping that VIF within
the instance but can't get to it externally or within Instances.

If you have done this in Centos 6 and have successfully configured VIFS
with the instance, I will like to know how. It is Layer 2 so I expected
this to be simple.

Thanks
Augustine