[Openstack-operators] Live migration

Matt Joyce matt.joyce at cloudscaling.com
Fri Sep 7 22:31:08 UTC 2012

I agree largely with Diego on this.

As far as nova-compute failure is concerned it really falls to the instance
owner to detect whether or not their instance has failed and initiate the
failover actions they wish to employ.  The world of false positives is
tricky.  That being said, providing an SOP for failover of instances in the
event of a fallen nova-compute host is absolutely in our interest to define
and add to documentation.

-Matt