[Openstack-operators] Live migration

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Thu Sep 6 18:32:45 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

OpenStack does not have anything like this yet. Anton Beloglazov has
created a blueprint from some research work he's done that would provide
such a feature:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/dynamic-consolidation-of-virtual-machines

Thanks,
Joe

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Paul Walton <paul.d.walton at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a quick question about live migration of VMs.  I can see how to do
> this manually from the command line, i.e. if I want to move a VM from one
> compute node to another myself, but I was wondering if there is a way to
> have OpenStack do this automatically for me to balance the load across all
> the compute nodes dynamically?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> Paul Walton
>
> University of Arkansas
> College of Engineering
> CSCE Technical Support Team
> J.B. Hunt Building, Room 440

Joe Topjian
Systems Administrator
Cybera Inc.

www.cybera.ca

Big data is coming to Canada. Join the welcome wagon.
*Cyber Summit 2012*
October 1-3, Banff
www.cybera.ca/summit2012

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.