[Openstack-operators] problem with SWIFT + Keystone ([Errno 113] EHOSTUNREACH)

Salman Toor salman.toor at it.uu.se
Thu Oct 11 10:44:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

Want to windup this thread.

>>> [Errno 113] EHOSTUNREACH

I have managed to resolve this problem. The problem was the endpoints for the object store. It was my mistake. In the installation guide everything assumes tone on the same host and I have deployed object store on a separate node. When Swift contacts the keystone that works fine but to get the X_Storage_Url it tries to connect the local host (as the endpoint was wrong). I have fixed the end point in the keystone and its works fine.

While fixing this problem I also get the error

[Errno 111] ( I forget its details)

But both of them vanish by fixing the correct endpoints.

Thanks for the help Pete!

The port problem that I mentioned was because I was pointing towards the wrong configuration files.

Now everything is fixed.

Regards..
Salman.