[Openstack-operators] ISO containing the user data. How to attach it at boot time?

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Wed Nov 21 03:23:57 UTC 2012

An alternative to file injection is to use the config drive, so that the files passed to "nova boot --file …"  get placed into a separate disk  which can be mounted by your instance instead of injected directly into the instance's primary disk.

Documentation for how to do this is under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16504/

Take care,

Lorin
--