[Openstack-operators] ISO containing the user data. How to attach it at boot time?

Anton Haldin ahaldin at griddynamics.com
Tue Nov 20 08:25:18 UTC 2012

If you have some agent installed in your image you can  execute script at
the boot time .
CloudInit is good example. And it will execute user-data script ( you can
define this script in "nova boot  .....  --user-data <user-data>"
As agent installed in image  you can also use something simple like this
script
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-aws/source/browse/trunk/packages/gentoo-ec2/bin/ec2-get-metadata.sh?spec=svn2&r=2

Another way is to use file injection "nova boot ...... --file
<dst-path=src-path> " you can inject it somewhere , for example in
/etc/init.d/

Anton