[Openstack-operators] About NIC

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 14:48:17 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm following;
Installing OpenStack Essex (2012.1) on Ubuntu 12.04 ("Precise Pangolin")
http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-20121-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin

to install OpenStack on Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64bit.

According to "Step 1: Prepare your System"
http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-4-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin/step-1-prepare-your-system

it needs 2 NICs for the test.  Please advise;

1)

Can I have one NIC to continue the test?   If NO then I'll install an additional NIC on this PC.

2)
I suppose

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.22.1

is to connect Internet?  The setting on my router is "192.168.0.0 up".  Can I set the address according to the settings on my router?

3)
I suppose eth0 is for internal connection.  Should I set the entries exactly identical to the instruction?

TIA

B.R.
Stephen L