[Openstack-operators] no VM "really" up after complete hardware reboot

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:57:57 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Diego Parrilla Santamaría <
diego.parrilla.santamaria at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have two interesting parameters you can use to automatically launch
> the images after reboot:
>
> resume_guests_state_on_host_boot
> start_guests_on_host_boot

Yep, I first thought it might be something like this, too, however, the
dashboard actually pretends that they're up.
but nothing is running. The `nova list` output even says that they're
running, too, but they aren't :)
So I then tried to push the "reboot" button in the dashboard, and since
then they're in infinite "restarting" state.

This somehow also crunched my nova.projects table (again). <--- veeeery odd.

Christian.