[Openstack-operators] Nova (in VLAN mode) and the high availability of a "central" nova-network

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:31:04 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Lorin Hochstein
<lorin at nimbisservices.com>wrote:

> Chris:
>
> Have you seen the HA docs?
> http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/existing-ha-networking-options.html

Yep, but see below :)

> If you set multi_host=True in your nova.conf, then nova will work properly
> with multiple nova-network services. But I've only done this with one
> nova-network service running on each compute host, I don't know how/if it
> would work if you had only two nova-network services running.

That's exactly the point and my question. I know it properly works for
nova-network running on *every* compute node.
but I want *two* network nodes dedicated and not running on a compute node
and not running anything else but also having access to the public IP pool
(unlike the compute nodes) :-)

Many thanks,
Christian Parpart.