[Openstack-operators] keystone tenants vs. nova projects.

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:49:53 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I am wondering how these two terms are related with each other.
I now know, that both terms are (kind of) interchangeable, however,
I wonder why then we have two database tables (keystone.tenants
and nova.projects) for the same thing, or, I have to actively populate
the latter to make actual use of it from within the dashboard / nova.

Can anyone please fix my misinterpretion, or clarify, why I (as an admin)
need to explicitly invoke `nova-manage project create .... && ... add ..."?

Many thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.