[Openstack-operators] Question regarding to referencearchitecture.org

Jason Cannavale jason.cannavale at rackspace.com
Tue May 1 14:20:32 UTC 2012

Yes, technically nova-volume can run anywhere. Referring back to the the
ref arch you would run the volume api on the controller node and the
actual volume service on the compute nodes. There are some obvious
considerations to be made (such as performance of the disks, usage of the
system with vm's, instance/image storage), but if you have space remaining
it could be a good way to use it.

Jason