[Openstack-operators] Getting Nova to return floating ip's as "public"

Nick Downs nickryand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 06:44:12 UTC 2012

I am having an issue with getting the public IP's to be typed correctly
inside of nova. My nova configuration seems to be pretty basic:

network_manager=nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
public_interface=eth0
flat_interface=eth1
fixed_range=192.168.100.0/24
flat_network_dhcp_start=192.168.100.2
flat_network_bridge=br100
force_dhcp_release=True
flat_injected=False
send_arp_for_ha=True
libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true

Floating IP's are 10.10.0.128/25

The issue I am running into is the floating IP's are returned by the
nova API as private. This breaks a couple of tools I am using because
those tools are looking for addresses listed as "public".

How can I change my configuration to return the public IP's as type
"public"?