[Openstack-operators] Probleme with Nova api - OpenStack dashboard

Samuel Hassine, Another Service samuel.hassine at anotherservice.com
Fri Jan 13 00:58:55 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I am an Openstack newbie and I started using Nova/glance few weeks ago.
I think we successfully built a 4 nodes operational cloud, all the
services are smiling ;)

If I ask my question here, it is because after someone (knowing Nova
well) tried to help me on IRC (thanks to him), he adviced me to post
here, after a few days of debug.

My problem is simple, services are working well, but the dashboard does
not. And more, I can login and have the overview, but, there is no data
and these errors:

*Error: *Unable to get service info: The server has either erred or is
incapable of performing the requested operation.
*Error: *Unable to get usage info: The server has either erred or is
incapable of performing the requested operation.

Here the complete trace of these errors:

http://pastebin.com/MLaYyDUD

But I read that errors provided by the dashboard are not very usefull,
but I have also the nova-api.log, which is more intersting I think:

http://pastebin.com/MLaYyDUD

My environment:

Debian testing amd64 - Kernel 3.1.0-1
All installations by debian packages (2012 dev version)
For dashboard: tried with package and git repository (same errors)

If you need other information or data I can provide them.

So my question, how to solve this error? \o/

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.
Sam