[Openstack-operators] max connection number of mysql is reached

magazine.lihuiba magazine.lihuiba at 163.com
Mon Jan 9 07:35:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

In my setup of openstack diablo (2011.3), there are about 200 physical machines. And nova on many of them failed to start, and the logged the error of "Too many connections" to mysql server.

It seems that each nova-compute node contributes a dedicated sql connection. This design must have its reason, but too many sql connections usually indicates a performance problem. Do we have a better option?