[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] [urgent] Nova-network isn't creating floating IP iptables rules!

Gui Maluf guimalufb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:45:16 UTC 2012

Razique, thanks for the tip.
To find out which tables has the hostname set I did this:
# for i in `mysql -uroot -p'PASSWORD' -e 'show tables;' nova | grep -v -e
'+' -e 'T'`; do echo $i && mysql -uroot -p'PASSWORD' -e "select * from
$i";' nova | grep OLD_HOSTNAME; done
This will print many data with the name of the tables and after all
occurrences of the HOSTNAME inside the tables.

Then I've changed all host to the correct hostname

# for i in {187..190} 193 195; do mysql -uroot -p'PASSWORD' -e "update
TABLE set host=NEW_HOSTNAME where id =$i;" nova; done

i.e: # for i in {187..190} 193 195; do mysql -uroot -p'PASSWORD' -e "update
floating_ips set host='oxala' where id =$i;" nova; done

Thanks man! it solved my a part of my issue.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua at gmail.com