[Openstack-operators] VM with a public IP

Warren Wang warren at wangspeed.com
Tue Aug 14 02:04:03 UTC 2012

I was hoping someone would answer Paul's question, as we are also
interested in skipping the whole NAT thing.  It's not as important in an
enterprise environment where the VMs are going to have to have the floating
addresses assigned anyways.  Eliminating NAT makes it simpler.  Yes, there
are drawbacks, and it's less flexible, but it's also easier on the
customers and cloud admins.

It isn't impossible to hack in as is, but if it's been documented and test,
it would be nice to have a guide.

Warren