[Openstack-operators] Nova API Help

mpedersen at choopa.com mpedersen at choopa.com
Fri Apr 20 19:50:19 UTC 2012

Hello all. I'm having issues with the nova-api component, and haven't been
able to make this work for days. It should be simple, but ...

We're using OpenStack Essex. It was installed in a single node
configuration for development, and we used this installer script to
accomplish it: https://github.com/uksysadmin/OpenStackInstaller

I can use curl to authenticate to keystone (port 5000). I can use curl to
create a new user (admin, port 35357). I can use curl to retrieve a list of
images (glance, port 9292).

Nothing in the nova-api (port 8774) works, though.

I have tried the following (ADMIN and IP.ADDRESS are masked, of course):

curl -v -H "X-Auth-Token: ADMIN" http://IP>ADDRESS:8774/flavors <-- gives
me HTTP 300, tells me to look at the next URL I try

curl -v -H "X-Auth-Token: ADMIN" http://IP>ADDRESS:8774/v2/flavors <--
gives me HTTP 404

curl -v -H "X-Auth-Token: ADMIN"
http://IP.ADDRESS:8774/v2/openstack/flavors <-- gives me HTTP 400,
malformed URL

curl -v -H "X-Auth-Token: ADMIN" http://IP.ADDRESS:8774/openstack/flavors
<-- gives me HTTP 300, tells me to look at the above, which gives 400

I've tried digging through the code, and am drawing a blank. Can anybody
tell me what's wrong, or what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!