[Openstack-operators] Essex VNC problem

Sergio Ariel de la Campa Saiz sacampa at gmv.com
Fri Apr 20 08:07:02 UTC 2012

Hi:

I have installed Essex and it looks like it works ok, except for the fact that I´m unavailable to connect to my instance using VNC. I hope you can help me and I hope this thread will be usefull to others too :-)

This is what I have in my nova.conf file
--vncserver_host=0.0.0.0
--vncproxy_url=http://192.168.111.51:6080

(192.168.111.51 is my public IP for the Ubuntu server in wich nova runs.)

I have installed nova-vncproxy package and started it, but when I try to connect to an instance using dashboard, I get this message:
"VNC console is currently unavailabe. Please try again later"

Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering.
Sergio Ariel
de la Campa Saiz
GMV-SES Infraestructura /