[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] WebEx Sessions Expired... (was: Remote participation from Design Summit)

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Apr 18 22:25:43 UTC 2012

On Wed 18 Apr 2012 02:05:38 PM PDT, Matt Joyce wrote:
> No reason we couldn't scale that 'in the cloud' to meet demand.  We'd
> just need to hunt down some cheap linux capable boards with wifi and
> line in.  Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

no wifi, too many gods rule the waves and all require human sacrifices
to placate them. The cable is where heaven is :)

> We could also setup a service on the nodes we deploy to register their
> IP address and status info to something like a small RPC service.  Not
> too much work to accomplish.  It would be kind of a cool project to
> deploy a scalable streaming system for a conference like this and plug
> it into an openstack scalable infrastructure.

It sure is one option. The other option is to work with Cisco, pick a
product from their hardware catalog and deploy that. Planning with
enough time ahead we can pull that off, too.