[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] Health & Monitoring Blueprints

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Apr 11 21:52:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 14:03 -0700, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Problem of course is many operators aren't on the design summit
> contributor list ( ala don't have codes to get into it ) and if it's
> later it's 500 USD to attend.

There will be over 400 people at the summit, not all of them are
developers. I expect lots of operators/users have a representation
there. Will there be enough to justify having this discussion there? I
don't know but we can try.

On Wed, 2012-04-11 at 17:16 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:
> That's a really good point. In the post-conference conversations that
> deal with attendance policy, this should be kept in mind.

We probably should set a date for a post-mortem discussion, after the
conference. I'm quite sure I'll take a few days off after April 20,
maybe have a couple of live feedback sessions in the first week of May
would work?

> In lieu of not being able to attend in person, keep in mind the
> live-casting that will be done,

We're not yet sure to be able to offer this. Wait for an official
communication.

> in combination with IRC channels.

This we can do: use IRC but there will be only one projector in the
rooms, not two like at UDS. Each track leader can decide how to use it
(for IRC or something else).

Since you are already familiar with UDS setup, would you mind setting up
the IRC channels for each of the rooms at the summit? This is the layout
of the rooms and their expected usage:

        Ballroom: Intro Plenary, Breakout tables, Lightning Talks

        Seacliff A+B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
        Seacliff C: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
        Seacliff D: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
        Marina: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*
        Bayview B: Design summit sessions (fishbowl setup)*

        Golden Gate: Unconference room (theater setup)*
        Bayview A: Developer's lounge

The association between rooms+track will be published soon, once the
revisions on summit.openstack.org are completed.

Cheers,
stef