[Openstack-operators] OpenStack With KVM

Sharif Islam islamsh at indiana.edu
Wed Oct 26 19:25:01 UTC 2011

On 10/26/2011 03:19 PM, Roberto Dalas Z. Benavides wrote:

> But how will you know which server it should connect? and where it asks
> for a username and password?

How many servers do you have?

If you have only one server then you will need to install all the nova
services there -- nova-compute, nova-network etc. Otherwise, install a
controller node with nova-network and nova-scheduler. And rest of the
servers will only have nova-compute.

And each of these compute nodes will have a nova.conf where you will
define these flags:

- --ec2_url=http://your_nova_controller_server_ip:8773/services/Cloud
- --s3_host=your_nova_controller_server_ip
- --cc_host=your_nova_controller_server_ip
- --rabbit_host=your_nova_controller_server_ip
- --network_host=your_nova_controller_server_ip

I suggest your read the doc carefully, if you haven't already:
http://docs.openstack.org/

And regarding password, usually VMs are booted up using ssh key so it
won't need a password.

- --sharif