[Openstack-operators] Networking question

Sateesh Chodapuneedi sateesh.chodapuneedi at citrix.com
Sun Nov 13 16:58:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> But actually the instance didn't get this ip address. Going to the instance using virt-manager, I can see with ifconfig that there is no ip address on
>> eth0 of the instance.

You need to set the flat '--flat_injected' to True. It is defaulted to False.
I see that you are using FlatManager. If flat_injected is True, the compute host will attempt to inject network information (IP/gateway etc.) into the instance.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Sateesh

"This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message."