[Openstack-operators] Error getting virtual servers up and running

Alex Chen Alex.Chen at lmal.com.au
Sun Nov 6 22:50:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I am having an error while trying to get a virtual machine to run the virtual server.

I installed Nova with manual installation following the official OpenStack Compute User Manual.

Then I went through Chapter 10 OpenStack Compute Tutorials. I set up the Cloud Infrastructure, created a new project and user  and configured user credentials.

Then I followed Part II to get a virtual machine to run the virtual server. An image was successfully downloaded "ubuntu1010-UEC-localuser-image.tar.gz". When I tried to publish the image to the virtual machine it threw the following error:
[ERRNO 111 ] Connection refused.

This stopped me continue the subsequent steps.

When I entered euca-describe-instances. It threw out the same error.

I have been trying a lot of googling around but no luck. I am a beginner to OpenStack. Could anyone please give me some tips about what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Cheers, Alex

This message is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s) If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please destroy all copies of this message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately