[Openstack-operators] Problems trying to run euca-upload-bundle

Stephen Tan stephen.tan at certivox.com
Fri Nov 4 10:59:09 UTC 2011

I top post because I prefer it - if you'd rather I bottom post, please let me know.

Further to my initial mail, I think that there is a config problem somewhere.

I wondered if I needed to do everything via an Admin user so I created an admin user as per:

http://cssoss.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/openstack-beginners-guide-for-ubuntu-11-04-installation-and-configuration/

Running a basic eucalyptus check gives an error as listed below.

I am wondering if I should re-install and NOT use Devstack? My problem is that Devstack automated everything and I don't know where the logs might be if something went wrong. Everything seems fine when I use the Horizon interface however so I'm puzzled.

root at stack:/home/novaadmin/creds# euca-describe-availability-zones verbose
Warning: failed to parse error message from AWS: <unknown>:1:0: syntax error
EC2ResponseError: 400 Bad Request
400 Bad Request

The server could not comply with the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.