[Openstack-operators] openstack admin token for keystone?

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:01:06 UTC 2011

dear all,

I have followed the following docs and here is my progress so far

http://cloudbuilders.github.com/deploy.sh/single-node-nova-installation-using-vagrant-and-chef.html
http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackDashboard

$ sudo vim /srv/dashboard/openstack-dashboard/local/local_settings.py

SWIFT_ENABLED = False

# needed for keystone
sudo aptitude install libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libsqlite3-dev

clone keystone
$ cd
git clone https://github.com/rackspace/keystone.git

$ sudo keystone/bin/keystone
# it starts up nicely

However, when I try to log in to the dashboard as admin,password or
admin,vagrant I get 401 Unauthorized

I have not set this parameter in local_settings.py   Perhaps this is the
issue. How can I get a valid value for it?
OPENSTACK_ADMIN_TOKEN : Token for Keystone endpoint.